- Our foreign trade is very much “lossmaking”. The negative trade balance in 2018 amounted to $ 8.866 billion.
- We create products not in Ukraine. According to UIF estimates, our gastarbeiters have created an additional GDP of more than $ 35 billion in other countries.
- We are exporters of raw materials. More than 50% of our exports are products with low added value. The annual volume of exports is about $ 50 billion.
- Energy resources account for large part of the imports, gas – about $ 3.5 billion, petroleum products – $ 4.5 billion, nuclear fuel, coal, fertilizers made from gas – $ 0.5 million. We pay about $ 9 billion a year for things that we have underfoot in excess.
- IT. We are a supplier of raw materials in this field also. Thus, incomes are rising annually and are estimated to be $ 2 billion. The total number of specialists will soon reach 200 thousand people. But this is outsourcing, not product creation.
- Capital outflow. According to the results of the year, Ukraine expects to receive around $ 2 billion of investment.
The outflow of capital only through dividends (excluding transfer price formation schemes) amounted to $ 3.5 billion
Anatoliy Amelin, head of economic programmes of the UIF