The winter of 2019-2020 will be an exam for the government. And the problem is not even in the price of gas or heat but in their physical availability. In addition, a number of energy challenges are relevant.
Besides the tactical short-term tasks, this year several strategic tasks will determine the vector of energy development and energy stability of the country for the next decade. Let’s define the key ones.
- Prolongation of the contract for transit from Russia to the EU.
- Attracting a strategic partner to manage and invest in the gas transmission system lines.
- The attraction of investments in gas production.
- Launching new tender for Production Sharing Agreement to develop the Black Sea shelf.
- Introduction of the electric energy market.
- Development of strategies and implementation of project of LNG deliveries to Ukraine.
- Provide certainty regarding the implementation of the sustainable development strategy, including through the support of green energy.
- Integration of the Ukrainian energy system into the European energy system ENTSO-E.
- Nuclear generation development strategy.
- Opposition towards Nord Steam II.
Each of these tasks is a separate large-scale project that requires extensive work on its implementation.
Nataliya Katser-Buchkovska, the UIF expert on energy and investment attraction
First published: Economichna Pravda