We have already informed through social networks that we are preparing a presentation of the first part of the research in the framework of the project “Future of the University”, which will be held on December 18 in the UIF office. One of the tasks is to start a wide-ranging intellectual discussion about the model of the Ukrainian University 2.0. We will slightly turn over our cards: we have already started it. At the end of the analytical text “The Evolution of universities. On the brink of the unknown future” you will find recommendations – 5 steps to irreversible changes in the higher education system of Ukraine. However, when the text was being prepared for publishing, we have received an additional glimpse of intellectual energy and the proposed 5 steps turned into 7. So please welcome:
- Changing the organizational model of universities from the form of budgetary institutions to any of two forms: non-profitable or profitable entities.
- Revocation of the state diplomas.
- Transforming the state educational quota.
- Revocation of the correspondence higher education.
- Stimulating investment and innovation.
- Altering the university management system in accordance with corporate governance models.
- Exposing Ukrainian universities to the world, stimulating their competing in global markets.