What is the basis of the statement about the failure of the higher education system in Ukraine, notwithstanding that the world education market is growing? The list of articulated problems includes the destroyed physical infrastructure, limited access to finance, corruption risks for teachers, students and administrations, difficulties in ensuring the quality of education in the current circumstances.
According to experts of the Ukrainian Institute for the Future, a number of steps should be made in the near future in order to make the process of creating a fundamentally new Ukrainian University possible:
1. Changing the organizational model of universities from the form of budgetary institutions to any of two forms: non-profitable or profitable projects.
2. Revocation of the State diplomas.
3. Transforming the state educational quota for specialists` training.
4. Encouraging investments and innovations.
5. Alter the university management system in accordance with corporate governance models.
Мykola Skyba, expert of the programme “Education” of the Ukrainian Institute for the Future.